Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It starts...

Hello, if you are reading this it's because I told you to (I'll be the first to admit blogs suck and are a bit homo... but whatever). This offers me a pretty decent way to chronicle my rise of arcadiam, or arcadisim...... no, I like arcadiam better.

So where to start???

I guess it should start where this blog started... my work. I have a lot of free time online due to work (or lack there of). So I began this quest by doing what I do best... googling random shit. And eventually I found this page:

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

This site hands down is by far the most informative website ever made.... I know what you are thinking, and no Wikipedia is not informative. It's a portal for two types of people: idiots who believe everything they read, and idiots who write on Wikipedia. And then there is Webmd.com, which is a great site if you're an inspiring hypochondriac... Anyway I am getting way off topic here.

I found the site, and got hooked. I then set off for a quest to not only create my own upright arcade, but I wanted people to marvel at my greatness (I don't know anyone who has one of these... ha ha ha).

I started off with a plan I got online... everyone who has researched building an arcade knows which plan I am talking about... the Lusid cabinet. It looks nice and is well thought out... I just didn't think I could pull off some of the cuts (My stepfather is a carpenter, but was flaking out, and wanted no part in this.... so I had to choose something I could do worse case scenario).

I then found a great resource of different types of plans brought to you by the letter J (just click my little J there to get to the site, then click on "Cabinet Plans"). Thanks to Jakobud.com

That weekend I talked with a good friend of mine, Drew. I told him about my killer plan of supremacy and was ready to rock and roll like no other mother. He then told me a little story that revolved his own arcade, and how it is sitting at his parents house collecting dust. Long story short we came to an accord, and now I am a proud owner of an older X-men VS Street Fighter cabinet. A four player control panel, and a lot of work to do....

No comments: