Thursday, October 11, 2007

Artwork....

I figured if I have superior artwork, it would make up for my many (and I mean MANY) short comings when it comes to handy work/general man stuff. The wife is supportive, so I got a shot.

http://www.mamemarquees.com/
I first went here... found out there is a lot of options... expensive or really expensive..... shit.

Since I am on a budget I really didn't want to spend that much on art. Then I realized my local Kinkos would print anything I wanted... FOR $80! F-that. I settled for an internal compromise to settle my internal struggle regarding arcade artwork (it happens more times than you would think!)

I decided to go all out on the Marquee and semi out on the control panel, and zero out on the side art.

For the Marquee I went for this stunning number:




Which I liked despite all of the Nintendo Characters.. some of which have never had their own arcade game... sigh. But it looks nice. So that is a plus.

For my control panel I ripped off the artwork at http://www.jakobud.com/, well it was inspired by jakobud to tell you the truth.





I like it... simple and straight to the point.... and 100% mine... I recreated it with my own skilz (with a z).

But like everything I did more problems popped up... Where the hell am I going to print this? How am I going to figure out button layout? How the hell am I going to label the buttons? Am I going to have the arrows for the joysticks?????

Fast forward a couple days, and found out there is a huge printer at my work right below me... (I didn't know it was there because I have never needed to print huge ass documents okay?)

I asked my boss if I could use it, he gave me the thumbs up... the next person I had to talk to was my graphic artist... let's call him Bill. Bill printed it out and it looked great.. however it was printed on glossy paper which when sandwiched with Plexiglas it looks all wet. I figured hell it was free I can live with it... I then taped button wholes and arrows to it haphazardly because frankly I just didn't care about it....

More about that later.

1 comment:

marc monserrat said...

Los vinilos BARTOP son la mejor manera de personalizar el mueble de tu recreativa ARCADE - BARTOP